AFSA First Term Airman of the Year
Key Points to Writing
- If you haven't already, take
a writing class
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Don't be afraid to ask for HELP.
- The only person looking out for either you or your subordinate is YOU!
- Use a spell checker (F7 in Office)
- Remember, writing doesn't have to win to REWARD!
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online.
The following Example has been taken out of IMT viewer so the formatting
might be off. I did not changed mission information,
only names to protect myself and the
people I have received the information from. If
you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
LEADERSHIP AND JOB PERFORMANCE IN PRIMARY
- Best in command! Presented HQ AFSOC's Fuels Junior Technician of the
Year...Best and brightest in AFSOC!
- #1 of 933(TSgt and below); ### MSG Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award
winner...absolute "best of the best"
- Meticulous; delivered 209K gallons of jet fuel; serviced 378 aircraft--ensured
100% AETC sortie generation
- Maintained personal best 0.81-minute avg response time; best in
flight--decimated 347 RQW standard by 98%
- Honed teaching skills; trained 14 personnel on flight line/laboratory
operations--all 100% core-task qualified
- Superior expeditor; coordinated with two MOCCs--achieved 1.6-min avg response
time...lauded by a/c maint
-- Directed flight line refueling operations; 2.1M gals of fuel issued;
5.2K aircraft serviced--zero takeoff delays
- Safety priority #1; Conducted 100 in-depth spot checks; identified/corrected
discrepancies--no safety incidents
- Stepped-up as Day-shift leader...a SSgt position; guided six personnel through
CDC progression--role model!
- Dedicated to continuous improvement; identified five lesson plan
discrepancies--improved training program
- Skilled lab technician; performed analysis on 2,369 fuel samples; 10K sorties
flown without a single mishap
-- Tested 40K gallons of ground fuel; ensured quality products for 420
base assigned vehicles--vital to mission
- Extraordinary performer! Provided outstanding fuel support to 332d Air
Expeditionary Wing, Balad AB, Iraq
- Flawlessly issued 450K gallons of jet fuel to 266 aircraft--earned
distinguished "Pumper of the Rotation"
- Conducted 125+ UXO/accountability sweeps at most heavily attacked AB in
Iraq...zero fuels assets lost
- Managed AOR AVGAS Hub; issued 27K gal of AVGAS to AF Predator; several
insurgents KIA by UAV's
- Trusted professional; enforced random anti-terrorism measures on $14M worth of
- Demonstrated astounding skill; obtained/tested suspect fuel from C-141 medivac
aircraft with patients onboard
-- Quick and thorough processing ensured 25 litter patient lives were not
at additional risk--commendable job!
- Warrior! Filled manning shortfall in LRS SRC during Exercise Crown Knight
04-08--Key to success of ORE
- Member of Hurricane Ivan recovery team; provided fuel/humanitarian
support--restored ops at Hurlburt Field
-- Selfless! Put out transformer fire near fuels pipeline/live power
lines risking his life so that others may live
SIGNIFICANT SELF IMPROVEMENT
- Completed 7 level CDC 1 month early...put himself "in the fight" ASAP;
super 97% EOC examination score!
- Committed; Finished CCAF degree in Logistics Mgmt...Winner of AFA <BASE> AFB
2004 Pitsenbarger Award
- Enrolled in Kaplan University; completed 8 classes/earned 49 credit
hrs--maintained 3.9 GPA...on Dean's List
- Deputy CC of <BASE> Civil Air Patrol Sq (CAP)--completed Sq Officer School via
- Attended Supervisor Safety Training Course; gained valuable leadership
insight--led to an AFSOC SE Award
- Member of base CISM team; completed 35 hrs of training; on call
24/7--available to WG and local community
- Embodies fit-to-fight; selected to track flt physical training prgm--managed
program for 99 assigned personnel
BASE OR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Received Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal; 1 of 6
awarded...230+ hrs volunteered this year!
- Enlisted wing leader; VP <BASE> AFB Airman Committed to
Excellence...spokesperson for 1100+ airman
- Sober Ride Program Publicist; cut DUI's--2,458 saves this yr...recognized by
IG as Best Practice during UCI
- Hand-picked by Command Chief to manage AADD; briefed 200 FTAC
Airman--explained life saving program
- Team member of Habitat for Humanity; devoted 20 off-duty hrs; built three
homes--helped dreams come ture
- Untiring community volunteer! Stacked/distributed 65 tons of food at <CITY>
Food Bank...fed less fortunate
- Selfless! Participated in Great America Clean-up...removed over 20 tons of
refuse in the Valdosta community
- Natural care giver! Prepared/served hot meals for local soup
kitchen...provided 400+ meals to the most needy
- Natural Leader! Founded/President <BASE> ?TA Airman's Council; compliments
Middle Tear Association
- Educator; taught English as a second language to 12 hispanic children in local
community helping them succeed
- Great communicator! Assisted local recruiters; mentored 100+ high school
students on benefits of AF careers
- AFA Chapter ### Vice President of membership; first Airman ever to hold
- #1 of 1,100! Selected "Team <BASE>"/Rescue Wing Airman of the Quarter, Jul -
Sep 04--one of <BASE>'s finest
One Word, WOW! Well written package with great impact.
the individual did his AFSA Chapter well!