Communications and Information Quarter Program
Award Cat: NCO 3C0 C&I
Key Points to Writing
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, the only person looking out
for #1 is you.
- Use a spell checker. F7 works well in MS Word.
- Use Merriam-Webster Online
to improve your vocabulary.
The following Example has been taken out of IMT viewer so the formatting
might be off. I did not changed mission information,
only names to protect myself and the
people I have received the information from. If
you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
I will attempt to give a
little insight to the entire process if I know it.
- Deployed to Gulfport, MS for Hurricane Katrina relief ops--11K tons supplies
delivered/5.8K people rescued
-- Restored link to Gulfport ANG Training Center...extended network to over
5,000 users--provided critical C2
- Setup 12 laptops in tent city Internet Cafe...provided network
svcs to 14 units--boosted morale
for 500+ troops
- Palletized four UTC increments for Pakistan earthquake relief ops...100% air
mobile--forces rapidly deployed
- Lead NCC planner for 3-level comm field exercise--drafted training
objectives/designed network architecture
-- Excelled as site NCOIC...led team from multiple work centers/AFSCs--facilitated
training for 22 personnel
- Developed and taught Red Data Module/TACLANE class for 12 NCC
personnel--eliminated training shortfall
- Fined-tuned unit COMSEC program...inspected all accts--revised 4 shop OIs/corrected
13 form discrepancies
DUTY RELATED SELF-IMPROVEMENT EFFORTS:
- Completed six hours of
prerequisites for grad school--first step towards Masters degree in Mgmt Info
- Accomplished 12 hours of SkillPort Enduring Leadership CBTs--enhanced
professional leadership/mgmt skills
- Flew 15 hours/mo for <BASE> Aero Club Commercial Pilot Program--prepped for AF
- Read book from CSAF Professional Reading Program--increased his knowledge of
the history of AF air power
Very Good package.
There were a couple of spelling
mistakes (svcs = SVCS , and a couple of
numbering issues. (Numbers under 10 spelled out unless they deal with
time or follow numbers larger than 10 in the same bullet.) This package
was used to create the annual package for
05. I personally like the last bullet. the individual read a
CSAF recommended book. this says
alot about him. If you wonder why I say this, have you read any of the
CSAF books? why not? Hence,
it does make a good bullet.