Professional Performer of the Month
Award Cat: Amn
Key Points to Writing
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Don't be afraid to ask for HELP.
- The only person looking out for either you or your subordinate is YOU!
- Use a spell checker (F7 in Office)
- Remember, writing doesn't have to win to REWARD!
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online.
The following Example has been taken out of IMT viewer so the formatting
might be off. I did not changed mission information,
only names to protect myself and the
people I have received the information from. If
you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
- Stood up mock Blue Flag 06-01 network--installed devices to replicate
actual exercise network environment
-- Enabled technicians to gain experience on configuration and troubleshooting
practices before deployment
-- Established critical requirements for Voice Over Internet Protocol coalition
voice conferencing capabilities
- Troubleshot four Command and Control System clients--quickly reconfigured
incorrect network router settings
-- Virtual Local Area Network outage restored--enabled proficiency training of
12 individuals vital to mission
-- Enabled Command and Control Operations technicians to stand up last minute
clients for joint force exercise
- My top technician! troubleshot and repaired
two critical Global Command and
Control servers in 10 minutes
-- Single-handedly identified problem to misconfiguration of local network
interface server card settings
-- Enabled Command and Control operations personnel to
battle management systems
- Meticulously restored training Air Operations Center Local Area Network
disaster recovery procedures
-- Provided step by step directions for network technicians to follow in the
event of catastrophic system failure
-- Trained 15 Local Area Network technicians on new procedures--reduced network
restoration time by 50%
- Engineered simple deployable network node management and network monitoring
and administration systems
-- Developed solution for rapid implementation of monitoring systems on the Blue
Flag 06-01exercise network
-- Saved nine man hours of server build time by pre-loading and configuring all
management system hardware
This is a pretty good
package. The spelling errors detract from it. take the minute and
run spell check. The most important thing to remember when using "%" is to
quantify them. 50% can be 2 to 1, 20 to 10 or 1000 to 500. Which one
sounds better? Don't leave the reader guessing.
Page Added on: 28 September 2006
Copyright © 2006 AFWriting. All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions of Use.