Enlisted Recognition Program (Airman of the Quarter, 3rd)
Award Cat: AMN
Key Points to Writing
- If you haven't already, take
a writing class
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Don't be afraid to ask for HELP.
- The only person looking out for either you or your subordinate is YOU!
- Use a spell checker (F7 in Office)
- Remember, writing doesn't have to win to REWARD!
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online.
The following Example has been taken out of IMT viewer so the formatting
might be off. I did not changed mission information,
only names to protect myself and the
people I have received the information from. If
you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
LEADERSHIP AND JOB PERFORMANCE IN PRIMARY DUTY
- #1 of 12 airmen in element; always looking for challenges; consistently
displayed initiative and
commitment; possesses NCO-level tenacity and leadership skills--epitome of
- Attended specialized Asynchronous Trunking Module Switch training in
Field Air Base Florida.
--Utilized training to build a data connection between <BASE A> and <BASE B> in support of BF 05-02 .
-Troubleshot Cisco processing unit and a Cisco 6500 chassis which were
malfunctioning; Quickly isolated
problem to faulty chassis and initiated immediate repair actions to bring
critical TAOC network back on-line
- Configured multi-layer switching network equipment to support over 500 clients
during exercise Blue Flag 05
-- Greatly contributed to exercise success by providing a modern, high-speed
coalition network to participants
- Deployed 45 days to Combined Air Operations Center <BASE> (CAOC-?), <BASE>Air
Force Base (NAF?), as
network technician in direct support of Blue Flag 05-02-- Key player in exercise
setup and execution
-- Meticulously administered four networks to support 517 US operators and 88
coalition partners to
accomplish 1,620 combat air strike sorties; enabled US and coalition target
integration of air tasking orders
-Troubleshot and repaired Video Teleconferencing System; isolated problem to
improper connections leading to
signal loss; system enabled Blue Flag 05-02 players to conference with six sites
and Secretary of the Air Force.
- Repaired data link between <BASE>ANG base and <BASE>AFB; enabled data feed
between both bases
- Dedicated to physical fitness--achieved an amazing 100 composite score on new
Air Force fitness program,
placed in the upper two percent of the squadron; formally recognized by the
squadron commander in June 2005
- Completed 2 hours of computer-based training towards his Cisco Network
Associate Certification; Used
knowledge gained to serve as a technical
consultant in the set up and implementation of a local area training
providing training to 25 military and 1 civilian personnel.
BASE OR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
-Donated notebooks and paper to local
<NAME> County school district's "Back on
the Bus" program.
-- materials collected provide much needed school supplies to underprivileged
children in 31 local schools.
- Strong supporter of unit activities; played in the ###th Computer Operations
Squadrons booster club's golf
tournament; Raised $1000 in funds to offset the
cost of the annual holiday party.
This is a good entry level award package. There is a lot of good
information but the bullet structure needs work. Bullets are not complete
sentences. If the bullet reads like a complete sentence, edit. Use
(PPT developed at Brooks) as an education tool. Other than that there
was only a minor numbering error
and a information error. ATM = Asynchronous Transfer Mode not
Asynchronous Trunking Module.
When you write, make sure you know what you are talking about otherwise the
board may discredit the package.