Enlisted Recognition Program (SNCO of the Quarter, 4th)
Award Cat: SNCO
Winner: yes - wing
Key Points to Writing
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, the only person looking out for #1 is you.
- The only person looking out for your subordinates is YOU!
- Use a spell checker. F7 works real
fast in MS Word.
- Use various writing resources (Merriam-Webster Online)
to improve your vocabulary.
The following example has been taken out of a IMT document. I have changed mission information to protect myself and the
people I have received the information from. I will attempt to give a
little insight to the entire process if I know it.
If you have anything you would like to submit, please do so. Also, if
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
items has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please use
the ads on this site to help support the site. All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. (HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
LEADERSHIP AND JOB PERFORMANCE IN PRIMARY DUTY:
- Outstanding Leadership! Plans/oversees all aspects of our UTA. Invests significant amount of personal time
to ensure resources/people/equipment are in place/on time. Supervises/manages 18 members, from Amn to MSgt.
- Mission oriented! Facilitated/orchestrated a team of 24 individuals to upgrade Symantec Anti-Virus software on
298 computers on 3 days notice; met ACC's suspense date of 18 Oct 04; preventing malicious virus attacks
- Man of action! Coordinated with active duty (4th CS) for training/certification of our members; maximizing our
utilization of mission oriented training time; ensures we are combat ready; guaranteeing our UTAs are successful
- Recognizes members! Spearheaded awards/decorations program. Developed/organized/presented informative
classes on wing/AF award/medal program. Researched/developed/submitted 2 Achievement medal packages
- Futuristic thinking! Suggested/implemented re-structuring 3C0's organizational chain due to new mission and ensure
Amn rpt to SSgts/SSgts rpt to TSgts/TSgts rpt to MSgts. Provides opportunities for others to supervise
- Fosters/promotes teamwork! Implemented new 3C0 EPR/mentoring program. Insures EPRs/PFWs are tracked/
suspense dates met; allowed greater participation/buy-in from ratee; allowing them to learn/be part of process
- Can do attitude! Led the way in ensuring our UCI was successful. Delegated/guided staff in accomplishing all
necessary taskings, guaranteeing programs were current. Negotiated time off from civilian job to participate
- Leads by example! Provided excellent mentoring/training to our newly assigned Primary Unit Deployment
Manager; went over in detail Personnel Readiness Folders/Logmod software; guaranteeing a smooth transition!
- Innovative/pro-active! Designed/developed/implemented database to track 3C0 progression; previously 43
spreadsheets were used; easier/less time consuming to maintain; 100% accurate. Thinking outside the box!
- Career minded/oriented! Successfully completed demanding/challenging "3C0 - Initial Qualification Training"
ACC certification exam (14 Nov 04)...entails studying 9 computer/network CBT courses and 2 AFIs... similar
in complexity to CISCO CCNA certification... extremely time consuming... all on his off-duty time. Top notch!
- Embraces/endorses/promotes fitness! Participates regularly in our unit's Physical Fitness Program on Saturday
at 3:00pm every UTA. Energetically partakes in aerobic activities, such as running, weight lifting and volleyball
- Seizes opportunities! Holds two Associate Degrees from the Community College of the Air Force, one in
Applied Science, Information Management and the other in Applied Science, Information Systems Technology.
When time permits, enrolls in 1 or 2 semester college classes. Always broadening his professional horizons!
- Devoted to learning! Researched/taught himself Excel spreadsheets/databases/macros. Quickly becoming an
expert, providing vital/in-depth knowledge on software's capabilities/limitations on real world applications
BASE OR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
- Promotes cultural awareness! Volunteers 3 hours of his personal time to develop/organize/present Brazilian
culture to kindergarten class of Montessori School of Sanford, North Carolina. Teaching America's future!
- Commands respect! Is a member of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) and National Intercollegiate
Soccer Officials Association (NISOA). Referees 6 to 8 soccer games a month for area High Schools/Colleges.
Requires a high level of physical fitness, great inter-personal skills and public relations. Energetic/out going!
Air Force Reserve and Guard writing styles differ considerably to
Active Duty, mainly do to AD constant changing political environment
(IMHO). The package here would fail AF AD styles for mainly one
reason. It contains complete sentences. (But, it fits perfectly into both
Army and Navy writing styles) Regardless, it is a good example of what
supervisors face in a Joint environment and adds insight on what to look for.