Enlisted Recognition Program (SNCO of the Quarter, 3rd)
Award Cat: SNCO
Key Points to Writing
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, the only person looking out for #1 is you.
- The only person looking out for your subordinates is YOU!
- Use a spell checker. F7 works real
fast in MS Word.
- Use Merriam-Webster Online
to improve your vocabulary.
The following example has been taken out of a IMT document. I have changed mission information to protect myself and the
people I have received the information from. I will attempt to give a
little insight to the entire process if I know it.
If you have anything you would like to submit, please do so. Also, if
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
items has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please use
the ads on this site to help support the site. All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. (HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
LEADERSHIP AND JOB PERFORMANCE IN PRIMARY DUTY:
- World class leader! Committee chairperson/Master of Ceremony for Annual
NCO/SNCO Induction Ceremony
-- Recognized/honored 20 NCO and 23 SNCO inductees; 172 military members
attended the honored tradition
-- Delegated/organized POW/MIA speaker, bugler, PA system setup, military
photographer, and other taskings
-- Influencing others! Secured/prepared distinguished guest speaker,
Chief <LNAME>, AFRC Command Chief
- Improving AF life! Active mbr of "Top 3"; religiously attends all meetings
held after hours; service before self
-- Directed unit in manning children's entertainment booths for 2005
Family Day Picnic; ensured fun and safety
- Key player in First Sergeants Council; selected by peers as Treasurer,
manages/accountable for all finances
-- Ensuring continuity! Created community folders on <###> ARW LAN for
1st Sergeant Councils and Top 3
--- Allows members to store/access meeting minutes/agendas,
ceremony & picnic documents; saving paper/time!
- Diligently spearheaded fundraiser; 3rd highest unit donation rate in wing,
with highest contribution rate per mbr
-- Raised $220 to support American Cancer Society; recruited 22 of 40
mbrs to participate in “Relay for Life”
- Maintains mission ready force! Oversees and ensures 100% unit participation in
Physical Fitness every UTA
-- Promotes/endorses healthy lifestyle! Actively attends aerobics every
UTA; gives 110%; definite team player!
- Outstanding liaison; promotes/enforces cmdrs policies/goals/objectives, while
voicing enlisted concerns
-- Taking care of enlisted mbrs needs; discuss/resolve lodging issues,
Physical Fitness, and enlisted structure
-- Enforces standards! Orchestrates unit open ranks inspections; raises
awareness of military bearing/appearance
-- Excellent communication skills! Organizes/provides unit briefing of
AF/base events/activities every UTA
- Superb recognition program! Never misses an opportunity to recognize star
performers; highest morale to date
-- 100% submission rate on all categories for Quarterly/Annual Awards;
wing's leading participant to date!
- Esprit de corps! Conceptualized/organized unit slogan/cheer; "<###> Comm
Flight - Can you hear me now!"
- Seizes opportunities; successfully completed 2005 Information and Assurance
Training; security awareness!
- Self-improvement! Expanded/gained more knowledge on teaching techniques
for maximizing student learning
-- In less than 3 months, successfully completed 4 NC Initial Licensed
Teacher (ILT) courses; leading the way!
-- Teaching for Thinking, Conflict Resolution, Class Room Management, &
Understanding Human Development
- Improving communications! Attended Web Page Design course in preparation for
development of website
- Unparalleled initiative & top achiever! Continually seeks out leadership,
management & professional training
-- Attended/completed 1 week Leadership Symposium; learning state of the
art performance management skills
BASE OR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
- Mentoring/educating others! Full-time sixth grade science teacher at John
Griffin Middle School, Fayetteville
-- Participated/documented children's Regional Forensics Tournament;
improving their communication skills
-- Volunteered to coach/chaperon 35 students at Science Olympiad Regional
Competition; all on personal time
-- Dedicated! Recognized/earned 2004-2005 "Rookie" Teacher of the Year
for superb class room management
-- Spearheaded creation/development of bulletin
board honoring our deployed military members; instilling pride
- Unselfishly helping the homeless; prepared/distributed food at Van Buren's
Rescue Mission; providing hope!