Enlisted Recognition Program
Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) of the Year
Award Cat: NCO
Key Points to Writing
- If you haven't already, take
a writing class
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Don't be afraid to ask for HELP.
- The only person looking out for either you or your subordinate is YOU!
- Use a spell checker (F7 in Office)
- Remember, writing doesn't have to win to REWARD!
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online.
The following Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) of the Year example has been
taken out of IMT viewer so the formatting might be slightly off. I did not
change mission information, only names to protect myself and the people I have
received the information from. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so. If you have found this information useful,
please let me know. Everyone of these award examples has taken considerable
amount of time to put together. Please treat yourself to something special
from Amazon.com by using one of ads on the page. We will both get
something out of it. (All money gathered pays for hosting fees and domain
fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also prompts me to work harder
on the site).
LEADERSHIP AND JOB PERFORMANCE
- Stellar NCO--led on-time mail movement of 20M lbs to 47K UK patrons during MCA
manning crisis--0 delays
- Skilled negotiator--acquired critical, short notice space allocations for
Bahrain mail due to airline strike action
-- redirected the movement of 8K kgs of mail within 45 minutes--eliminated a 72
hour mail delivery stoppage!
- Effectively supervised the movement of the AA warehouse--ensured zero delays
on all LHR transferring mail
-- Relocation saves 240 man hours per year in reduced traveling time and
consolidation of mail storage areas!
- Meticulously processed and QC'd over 7,500 air transportation
documents--payments exceeding $2.3 Million!
- Carefully monitored new routing for over 20K kgs of Lisbon retrograde
mail--service Increased 4 extra days
- Aggressively pushed for improvements to outdated computers and internet
service--saves 720 man hours yearly
-- Personally networked office--routed internet service to
computers--significantly reducing congestion
- Gifted individual--overcame language barriers with local customs
agents--released mail to deployed members!
- Achieved immeasurable quality--monitored the transfer of 10M+ lbs of mail
error-free--costs exceeding $11M
- Absolute master at finding lost packages--routed 12 pkgs to Mail Recovery
Center--saved customers distress
- Has the natural flair and ability to build and sustain excellent rapport with
local carriers and handling agents
-- Conducted seven carrier meetings--ensured best route, fastest service while
correcting problems on the spot!
- Carried out multitude of assigned & assumed duties and demonstrated a rare
breed of reliability and dedication
-- Revamped publications and supply programs--developed new LMR continuity
binder--truly devoted to duty
- Quality minded--gathered and reported data on mail discrepancies arriving both
Heathrow & Gatwick airports
-- Quickly reported and redispatched over 100 pieces of mail--moved all mail
within 24 hours of identification
- Accurately initiated over thirty routing and adjustment forms on more than 12K
kgs of mail--saved USPS $25K!
- Pursues all assignments with eager & ardent interest--expertly monitored over
1.3M kgs Bahrain transfer mail
- Left no stone unturned! Brilliantly monitored 19 warehouses at 2 IAPs--eliminated
lost and delayed mail items
- Meticulously examined 15 air carrier dispatch schedules--mail lag time cut in
half--improved delivery service!
- Arranged an increase in airline allocations for the 05 Christmas mailing
season eliminating gateway congestion
- Leadership in motion! Masterfully initiated recall & reporting procedures
within 10 min of London bombings
- Awarded additional 12 credits with skill-level upgrades in 2nd CCAF
Degree--Stands above contemporaries!
- A role model while capitalizing on AF benefits--CLEP'd Intro Computing--earned
3 credits for CCAF Degree
- Leads by example! Steadfast dedication in achieving CCAF Degree earning 21
credits while holding 3.5 GPA!
-- Graduated CCAF/Degree in Transportation Management--now enrolled in
Information Management program
- Eagerly persuing Bachelor's Degree in Sports and Health Sciences--Puts forth
unrelenting effort in his studies
- Took charge of unit WGM duties--attended WGM training to further knowledge
base in computers & networks!
- Attended cultural and religious history trip to Salisbury and
Stonehenge--increased awareness in local history
BASE OR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Superior Leader! Gave over 350 hours of personal time to coach the London
Central High School football team
-- Team reached semifinal appearance--produced six all-conference players--best
school showing in six years!
- Superb Mentor--donated 20 hours off-duty time to mentor high school students
and help them during study halls
-- Efforts ensured students traveling/missing during school time were kept
updated on current study materials
- Innovative; initiated Punt, Pass, and Kick Fundraiser; raised over $1,150 for
LCHS football team uniform items
- Dynamic--created highlight film of 2005 LCHS football team--presented to
parents at the fall awards ceremony
- Humanitarian--volunteered 15 hours to the High Wycombe animal shelter--cared
for over 20 abandon animals
- Volunteered 2.5 hours supervising and cleaning up for the RAF Croughton Youth
Halloween Harvest Party
-- Developed and sustained games for children--provided a safe place for
children--Halloween night success!
- Organized a paintball function for unit members, airline reps, and two local
bases--increased friendship bonds!
- Heartfelt leadership! Invited three Croughton Airmen for T-Day & Xmas day
meals--rekindled holiday spirits!
I like this package. It is not the best package I
have seen (in terms of quantifiable impact), but that amount of effort put
into it is easily seen. Due to the fact this came from a detachment, it
can be very HARD to have a lot of quantifiable impact and the author did a very
good job filling the lines with attention catching word pictures. There
were some minor errors but easily ignorable. Again, this package is
a great example of what a writer faces when the nominee is deserving and their
job does not always provide the best writing material.