AFRC SNCO of the Year - 2005 Example
Award Cat: SNCO
Key Points to Writing
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, the only person looking out
for #1 is you.
- Use a spell checker. F7 works well in MS Word.
- Use Merriam-Webster Online
to improve your vocabulary.
The following Example has been taken out of IMT viewer so the formatting
might be off. I did not changed mission information,
only names to protect myself and the
people I have received the information from. If
you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
LEADERSHIP AND JOB PERFORMANCE IN PRIMARY
- World class leader! Expertly managed 36 people & $1M of assets;
dedicated & committed to improving unit
-- Promoted/monitored/enforced training; unit successfully completed 9
CDC's & 6 PME; 30% improvement
-- Measuring success; key person in unit's advancement; identified &
benchmarked 20 key operations metrics
- Sets goals/achieves results! Immediately took action when vital training
was not occurring; man on a mission!
-- Instrumental in procuring 2E2 classroom assets (10 used
PCs/keyboards); saved unit $10K; must for training
-- Delegated, instructed & advised 3 sections to research/develop
realistic, within budget, fiscal training plan
- Active team building! Devoted to advancing working relationships with
active duty, reserve, and guard units
-- Negotiated with active duty # CS, obtained 14 days of mobile comm
training; all on UTA drill weekends
-- Partnered with Air National Guard's ### CBCS; received 14 days of
outstanding combat comm training
- Promoted unit morale/self-esteem! Spearheaded recognition program;
devoted hrs to developing leaders/mgrs
-- Skillfully mentored airman; taught project mgt/org skills; emphasized
writing; dividend was 9 mbrs promoted
-- Coached/educated mbrs on awards & decorations; submitted 12 qtrly
award pkgs, won 5; earned 11 medals
- Best public relations! Never misses an opportunity to promote unit's
services & goals; informing & educating!
-- Led publishing 3 <BASE> articles; educated mbrs on ### Job
Control; reduced helpdesk calls by 10%
-- Devised/planned two cmdr's calls; composed/presented annual review,
goals, & projects; recognized mbrs
- Honors AF customs & courtesies! Orchestrated two retirement ceremonies;
unprecedented attention to detail!
-- Directed/obtained: medals, certificates, letters, customized shadow
boxes, personalized gifts, & US flags
-- Developed scripts; organized audio & visual systems; procured money,
food & drinks; invited VIP & family
- Leads by example! Innovative & creative; always finds ways to
improve/enhance unit; thinks outside the box!
-- Engineered two 4'x3' oak display cases; publicizing mgt/award winners;
unselfishly donated $250.00/120hrs
-- Ingeniously procured & refurbished two electric Dremel boot polishers
& shoe shine boxes; no cost to unit!
- Devoted to learning! Takes advantage of all training opportunities;
excels in career & professional knowledge
-- Attended/completed five day Leadership Symposium; learning state of
the art performance/management tools
-- Accomplished demanding five day Information Technology Infrastructure
Library (ITIL) certification course
- Educating others! Devotes time & energy to sharing information;
developing our future AF managers & leaders
-- Highly skilled instructor; designed, developed, & presented
technical software programming class
-- Developed "NCO's Toolkit" CD; contains sample awards, EPRs, letters &
guides; saving mbrs countless hrs
BASE OR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
- Man of action! Proactively helps improve the quality of life for others;
true example of "service before self"
-- Volunteered time & donated money for "Relay for Life" in support of
American Cancer Society; raised $220
-- Taking care of our own! Donated/transported $200.00 worth of clothing
& kitchen utensils to Airman's Attic
-- Contributed time, talent, & money to Charlotte Rescue Mission; cleaned
warehouse; bought $100 of supplies
- Improving AF life! Active member in wing's "Top Three" team; honorary speaker
at NCO Induction Ceremony
-- Handpicked for 2nd straight year to honor/remember POWs/MIAs comrades;
excellent communication skills
Pretty good package... Just a
couple of numbering issues.