Military Volunteer (Volunteer of the Quarter, 4th)
Award Cat: NCO
Key Points to Writing
- If you haven't already, take
a writing class
- WRITE!!! The more
you do it, the better you get.
- Don't be afraid to ask for HELP.
- The only person looking out for either you or your subordinate is
- Use a spell checker (F7 in Office)
- Remember, writing doesn't have to win to REWARD!
- Use various writing resources like
The following Military Volunteer (Special Awards/Recognition Program) example has been taken out of an IMT document.
I did not change mission information, only names to protect myself and the
people I have received the information from. If you have anything you
would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.) As for this particular award , it appears to be a
USAFE award. I am still looking for a reference concerning it.
- Humanitarian; volunteered 10 hours to High Wycombe local animal shelter;
cared for over 20 abandon animals
Superior Leader! Gave over 175 hours of personal time to coach the London
Central High School football team
-- Team reached semifinal appearance--produced six all-conference players--best
school showing in six years!
- Superb Mentor--donated 12 hours off-duty time to mentor high school students
and help them during study halls
-- Efforts ensured students traveling/missing during school time were kept
updated on current study materials
- Innovative; initiated Punt, Pass, and Kick Fundraiser; raised over $1,150 for
LCHS football team uniform items
- Dymanic--created highlight film of 2005 LCHS football team--presented to
parents at the fall awards ceremony
- United communities during the Croughton pie social--over 60 local nationals
attended--delivered to 24hr shops
- Volunteered 2.5 hours supervising and cleaning up for the RAF Croughton Youth
Halloween Harvest Party
-- Developed and sustained games for children--provided a safe place for
children--Halloween night success!
- Organized a paintball function for unit members, airline reps, and two local
bases--increased friendship bonds!
- Fitness & team leadership conscious--enthusiastically plays vital role in the
RAF Croughton base soccer team
This is a really good package, and it is the first volunteer package
I have seen. There was only a couple of minor
Numbering Issues, numbers under
10 are spelled out unless they deal with time or follow numbers larger than 10
in the same bullet. Another thing to note concerning 4th Quarter packages
is that if you one don't stop there...continue writing and finish an annual
package as well. See the corresponding