Military Volunteer (Volunteer of the Quarter, 1st)
Award Cat: NCO
Key Points to Writing
- If you haven't already, take
a writing class
- WRITE!!! The more
you do it, the better you get.
- Don't be afraid to ask for HELP.
- The only person looking out for either you or your subordinate is
- Use a spell checker (F7 in Office)
- Remember, writing doesn't have to win to REWARD!
- Use various writing resources like
The following Military Volunteer (Special Awards/Recognition Program) example has been taken out of an IMT document.
I did not change mission information, only names to protect myself and the
people I have received the information from. If you have anything you
would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.) As for this particular award , it appears to be a
USAFE award. I am still looking for a reference concerning it.
- Sacrificed 18 hrs of valuable/limited personal time coaching London Central
High School weight training class
-- Individually tailored programs for 10 weightlifters--provided valuable
weightlifting tips/breathing technique
-- Supplied personal experience to six on coaching staff--developed student
athletes personal training programs
- Donated 3 hours off-duty time to mentor
and instruct two high school students during study halls; superb mentor
-- Filled the educational gap for students traveling/missing school--motivated
apprentices to learn new material
- RAF Croughton base soccer team leader--fostered host nation relations by
playing three United Kingdom teams
- Volunteered 10 hours supervising and cleaning for the RAF Croughton Youth
Group keeping teens off the street
-- Developed and sustained activities for teens--efforts provided a safe
alternative place for base teens to meet
- Moved over 200 cases of Girl Scout Cookies to/from storage area--key to scouts
raising $8K+ in cookie sales
- Humanitarian! Sacrificed 2 hours to cook/clean/serve at Croughton's free
Valentines Couples Spaghetti Dinner
- First to take charge! Assumed responsibility of Det's AF Assistance Fund
Campaign--100% contact in 12 hrs
- United RAF Croughton Chapel community--cooked and cleaned at
four free soup
dinners--fed more than 100!
Great package! Quick, Simple and to the Point. Only a
Numbering problem, numbers under
10 are spelled out unless they deal with time or follow numbers larger than 10
in the same bullet.