Fast IMT Links
This page has been replaced by AFWriting.com.
To View the most current information, click here.
Otherwise in 5 seconds you will be auto forwarded to
- If you haven't already, take
a writing class
- Take a creative writing class; it forces effective, vivid writing
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Don't be afraid to ask for HELP.
- The only person looking out for either you or your subordinate is YOU!
- Use resources like
- Use a spell checker (F7 in Office)
- Remember, writing doesn't have to win to REWARD!
- Military Writing is different from Civilian writing. Wrong! Sentence structure,
subject-verb-predicate, remains the same.
- I don't have to write until I am a (fill in a Rank).
Wrong! If you haven't learned by now, most people are lazy! If you can give your supervisor a package, group of accomplishments, etc. the better off you will be.
- Each service branch has a different way to write. Wrong! Writing is writing. Each branch may look for a specific structure, but ultimately it follows
- You have to write to win. Wrong! You write to acknowledge, reinforce, and/or reward behavior